A: The sky is the limit! Be as creative as you can. Take your chair and turn it into anything—a chair, a light fixture, a bar cart, even a car! You must use materials from your chair, but there is no minimum for how much you must use. You may also add additional materials to your chair, and there is no limit on this.
A few requirements:
- You must provide all material/items necessary to display your “chair.” Our event site will have floor space and display podiums, but will not have any additional displays.
- If it is a hanging object, you must provide the structure for which to hang it on during the auction.
- Please reach out to us if you have any questions or would like to inquire about a special display.
Q: Can I use other materials to reinvent my chair?
A: You can add and take away materials from the chair. There is no requirement as to how much of the chair you need to reuse, but do try and keep the spirit of the “old” chair alive somehow!
Q: Can I get outside help to reinvent my chair?
A: You can use whatever means are available to you! We also have some very generous partners that have offered to donate fabrics, as well as re-upholstery service. Please check out our “Resources” section for more information.
Please keep in mind:
- You will need to contact the company with your requirements and receive approval from them that it’s doable.
- Give them at least 2 weeks turnaround. Please do not wait until the last minute. They may not to be accommodate last minute asks.
Q: When do I need to finish my chair by?
A:September 20th. They will then be presented to a jury. More details on this process to follow.
Q: What are the prizes and how can I win them?
A: Prizes will be awarded to the team that raises the most money through chair sponsors. We will have a panel of judges review and name the winning chairs based on criteria determined by the judges. More details on this to follow.
Q: How can I raise money through sponsors?
A: You may reach out to ANYONE to request donations for your chairs. These donations will be considered “sponsor” donations. You will simply send a link, where your sponsors will fill out a form online and can donate there.
The chair that raises the most sponsor donations will receive a grand prize!